If you're excited by bold colors, rich earthy textures, a love of nature, and a desire to capture it all in your artwork, this course is for you.
Beginning, intermediate and advanced artists alike can master my process with little effort. Drawing skills are NOT required!
Take your art in a NEW DIRECTION. Get excited to be in your studio again!
If you've always wanted to attend on of Carol's in-person workshops, this is your chance for a front row seat as Carol will demonstrate every detail that goes into a Geologic Abstract painting.
What is a Geologic Abstract?
You can learn my secrets for creating gorgeous Geologic Abstract paintings!
Hi, I’m Carol Nelson. I've been teaching workshops around the US for over 20 years. I am fascinated with mixed media. I love adding texture to my work and I love color!
My thousands of students love my teaching style. Try something new! Jumpstart your creativity!
Let's go to the mountains and paint some ROCKS!
- Introduction (4:26)
- Lesson 1 - Texture Materials (11:03)
- Lesson 2 - Air dry clay embellishments (11:12)
- Lesson 3 - Golden Fluid Acrylic paints (3:28)
- Lesson 4 - Sources of inspiration (3:28)
- Lesson 5 - Using photos of sidewalk cracks (16:18)
- Lesson 6 - Adding texture materials to your painting (6:17)
- Lesson 7 - Painting your textured design (27:59)
- Lesson 8 - Mounting and finishing touches (12:16)
- Materials list
- FAQ - frequently asked questions